Frequently Asked Questions

Property Tax Payment 

1) Where can I access a copy of my tax bill?

The Walworth County website. You can view & print your tax bill & receipt, check previous tax records, and status of property tax payment.

2) Can I submit my property tax payment online?

Yes, you can pay your property taxes through Walworth County’s Ascent Land Records. You can pay by E-check (25-cents with account and routing number), debit card ($3.95) or credit card (2.2%).

Instructions are available here.

3) Where do I pay my first installment?

FIRST INSTALLMENT must be made at:
Town of Linn
W3728 Franklin Walsh St
PO Box 130
Zenda, WI 53195
262-275-6300 x. 12

You can also use the drop box located inside the entrance doors of the municipal building.

4. Where do I pay my second installment and late payments?

SECOND INSTALLMENT and late payments must be made at:
Walworth County
100 W Wisconsin St
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121

4. What if I am making payment with a check from my mortgage company?

If you are making payment with a check from your mortgage company please remember to endorse the back of the check by ALL parties listed on the front of the check. If the check is made out for more than your tax amount, refunds will be mailed once the check has cleared our bank. (Approximately two weeks after posting date.)